Tuesday 30 December 2008

I just want the drugs

I have pneumonia. This is causing no small measure of pain and discomfort, and now it has been diagnosed and my wife has collected by prescription antibiotics I would like to start taking them and getting better. But I can't. Being more diligent than me, Susan read the leaflet in the pack, only to discover that the capsules contain sunset yellow, a colourant which can cause an allergic reaction in people who are asthmatic or allergic to aspirin. I hit both. I have to say the capsules look very pretty, which I'm sure is really important.....


---edit---

Well, the second prescription had the same problem (same coating I think), but the pharmacist found an alternative, phoned the doctor and got a new prescription faxed over. Susan had to hang around Boots for about an hour while it was sorted out. Don't blame doctor or pharmacy at all, but really, what are the drug companies doing????

No comments: